CURVY WOMEN (AKA Gorgeous Perrfect IMHO) tend to have an hourglass figure. Back in the 40’s and 50’s that type of figure was highly desired. Men liked their women to have curves (THIS MAN STILL DOES!). Unfortunately today nevertheless, this western civilization seems to have altered its opinion. Fashion Industry has taken a SHARP lean towards a slimmer (BONEY) form. Consequently, some fashions on the market today are not cut to fit our body type. Unfortunately, that also includes jeans.
Curvy Got junk in the trunk? You’re a great candidate for the mid-rise jeans. Unlike the infamous low-rise jeans where you’ll find yourself constantly tucking and pulling, mid-rise jeans will avoid the butt crack issue altogether.
HOURGLASS figures tend to have an average to ample sized bust, full hips, a rounded bottom, and a defined waist. Think about what was once considered the perfect figure – 36/24/36 – and you’ve got the hourglass shape.
Plus Size Full Figure GORGEOUS Empress', If you are a short plus size woman, the first thing is to buy jeans that go straight down from the hip. This will help elongate your body. Boot cut or flared bottoms will actually add to your bulk and make you seem shorter than what you are. Taller women are able to get away with flare or boot cut pants and jeans. Boot cut is a better choice than flare, because the flare may be a little too wide.
PEAR SHAPE , An amazing number of women, particularly those over the age of 50 and women with sedentary lifestyles, fall into the pear shaped category. The overall silhouette looks just like its name suggests. It is that of a pear; smaller on top and bigger on the bottom. Women who fall into this category generally have a smaller than average bust size, a well-defined waist, exaggerated hips, and a full rounded bottom. It is often difficult to purchase an outfit straight off the rack to fit this body type. If the bottom piece fits, the top is often way too big. On the flip side, if the top fits properly then the bottoms are generally far too tight.
If you have a muffin top or tummy trouble, press your lady lump down with a sleek pair of high waist jeans. They give an illusion of a flatter stomach. If you have a muffin top or tummy trouble, press your lady lump down with a sleek pair of high waist jeans. They give an illusion of a flatter stomach.
RUBENESQUE women of days gone by often fall into one of the top two categories, today’s ideal woman is totally different. A common body type today is rectangular in shape with an average bust size, flat bottom, and waist that is barely defined. It is often referred to as a “boyish figure.”
Get the perfect balance with low-rise jeans. Your mid section will look longer, leaner and evenly proportioned with your legs.
RECTANGULAR body is generally slim overall, few garments, including jeans, are made without clear definition between the bust, waist, and hips. I know lots of women with this body type who end up purchasing their jeans in the boy’s department. While the jeans may fit better than most that are made specifically for women, they are by no means perfect.
Tall & Slender Straight leg jeans look more flattering on modelesque figures. Like skinny jeans, they fit close to the calves, making hips appear wider and shapelier. Try to avoid extremely tight jeans, as they will only make you look shapeless.
INVERTED TRIANGLE Another common form among today’s woman is the INVERTED TRIANGLE. Although there are some similarities between this and the pear shaped body type, there are also decided differences. Women in this category tend to have a medium to ample sized bust, an average waist, and narrow hips. Bottoms can be average with a shape that is flat or slightly rounded.
Petite Try the popular skinny jeans. They fit closer to the calf, giving your bottom half a more triangular shape and the appearance of wider hips and curves. Wear these jeans with a sexy pair of heels to give the body more length.
If you throw up your hands in desperation because you just can’t figure out which body type you are, then try sticking to some general tips that should offer any figure a longer, leaner look:
01. Choose stretch denim. It is comfortable & forgiving.
02. When in doubt, opt for a relaxed fit, medium rise jean.
03. Never choose jeans that are too bulky or baggy. DON"T KEEP IT GANGSTA!!!
04. It’s hard to go wrong with the standard five-pocket classic jean.
05. Boot cut and flared leg jeans make any figure look long and lean.
06. Few women can wear the skinny jean as they require the perfect body.
07. Don’t choose jeans that are either too short or too long.
08. The hem should cover most of your shoe.
09. Darker denims make any body appear slimmer.
10. Excessively light denims can actually add bulk.
11. Avoid focusing on “size” and pay attention to “fit.”
12. Be certain that back pockets don’t add ugly bulk or make the bottom look too large.
13 Just 'cause everyone else is wearing embellishment doesn’t mean you have.
14. If it doesn’t flatter your figure Why bother.
15. Make sure that “fades” accent your figure rather than working against it.
16. Take your body measurements so sales clerks can help you locate the right fit.
17. Don’t get hung up on a designer label. Look for jeans that fit.
18. If it’s a choice between jeans that are snug or those a little big, go for the snug.